We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firewall for Vista 64 bit

sharpamat

Likes # 0

having had no luck in any responces in Helproom thought Id Try here click here

Having run Zone alarm pro for many years I now have a Vista 64bit OS. which ZA does not support.

Can anyone suggest a simular firewall which supports 64 bit systems and has the same ease of use of a two way firewall

Like this post
acein1

Likes # 0

why not use vista,s own firewall and set it to monitor outgoing as well as incomming, nevwe had a problem with it in 9 years (even before vista when it only checked incomming)

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

i think comodo is compatible with vista 64click here

Like this post
Teaboy

Likes # 0

I use AVG purchased on my 64bits. But I would be very happy with Vista's own.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

I don't believe you need another firewall, especially if you have a router.

I have been running ultimate 64 for over eighteen months and the only security I am using is the inbuilt firewall and Avast free.

This site click here which seems to be reputable tells me that it can not see me!

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

yes shields up is a well thought of site.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Thanks for your answers Personally I disagree with the statements that no extra firewall is needed.I have used Zone alarm for many years and never had a problem with any of the many problems that others have ( and I was operating before the Win 95 was introduced )

As with anything it is personal choice, Vista is an OS and security is ofered by others as a specilised area. On almost every new system ( even those running Vista 64bit ) the option to install security is offered.

If the makers feel it is required one must decide if it should be ignored or not. As no working alternative as been put foward, I shall click this as resolved and look elsewher to find what suits my needs.

Many thanks

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

i disabled my firewall and ran that test, still all passed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room