We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Upgrade

bht-at-home

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am about to purchase a new PC, but I am not sure whether it is worth waiting until Windows 7 is released.

The alternative is to purchase now, with Vista, and purchase Windows 7 Upgrade, when it is released.

I would be grateful for advice concerning the likely complexity of installing the upgrade:

Is this straightforward;

What is involved;

Is it likely that I will need new drivers.

Will it be as simple as installing a large Service Pack

Like this post
bounce44

Likes # 0

Lol.

Most are now offering a "free upgrade", some are charging £10-£15 for the voucher when bought with a Vista system.

If people misread my opneing post, i apologise, but unless they have been living on another planet, then i thought it was clearly obvious that W7 would not be on offer on the Friday.

My whole point of the post, was that if you had bought a system on that day this thread was started, for the sake of 48 hours you would get a free(or small charge) upgrade to W7. You would have to pay £75(bit more than that) if you bought a system before friday, that is around half the price of W7.

So if anyone put off buying a system for the 48 hours, they will have saved well over £50.

Reason i keep posting, is because the other guy seems to want to make out i was wrong and i was doing something bad. When infact the total opposite.

Like this post
jampit

Likes # 0

Has anyone had the porblem that befell me? When I tried to upgrade from the W7Beta to RC, even though I choose the correct partition, my Windows Vista was overwritten!! I have ended with two versions of 7 and no Vista. All my software and docs have disappeared (into Windows .old apparently)!!
How can I get rid of the unwanted 7 Beta?
Is it worthwhile getting Vista back?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...