We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista wont update

DJ Techz

Likes # 0

Vista wants to install an update but it just fails with the error message

Code 80072EFD Windows Update encountered a problem

What do I do?

I havent even got SP1 yet so i really need to do some updates

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Try to update again and when you get the error message come up click on the number 80072EFD and it should give you further information and a link, possibly, to a fix.

Like this post
DJ Techz

Likes # 0

it says that i need to add 3 sites to the firewall allowed list. But i am using windows firewall. I did have comodo but i uninstalled it but in windows security centre that it is on and active when it is uninstalled

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

you could try reinstalling comodo and then uninstall again as comodo can be a pig to get rid of,and reboot after uninstalling it.another thing to try and get rid of comodo is revo uninstallerclick here

Like this post
Bob The Blob

Likes # 0

You could reinstall Comodo.
Then turn it off so it's not running before you uninstall it again.
Hopefully that will work.
Or look here for more ideas click here

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

seems there might be a tool that can reset windows security center for just your situationclick here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...