We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tried installing RC keeps asking for CD/DVD Drive

Strawballs

Likes # 0

As title keeps saying CD/DVD driver missing use floppy, USB or CD but nothing works even the CD that came with the drive

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

Had the same problem, resolution (as given by PCA Forum!) was to reburn the Win7 DVD at a slower rate (e.g. 8x not 18x). Worked perfectly for me, hopefully it will do the same for you. Apparently it's a widely reported issue.....

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I managed to get it to install by letting it auto run in xp and choosing install then custom not upgrade and it worked now I have the problem of trying to find lan drivers for onboard winfast board (foxconn)

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Got the lan sorted (bought a PCI card under a tenner) then could not find drivers for old soundblaster card but while I was looking it did windows update rebooted and when it came back on sound was working.
The next issue I have was while installing Norton 360 windows popup anounced that it had blocked a driver that would make the system unstable now Norton is telling me that it is not working properly, if I can't get it working will have to investigate Avast or AVG

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Got the lan sorted (bought a PCI card under a tenner) then could not find drivers for old soundblaster card but while I was looking it did windows update rebooted and when it came back on sound was working.
The next issue I have was while installing Norton 360 windows popup anounced that it had blocked a driver that would make the system unstable now Norton is telling me that it is not working properly, if I can't get it working will have to investigate Avast or AVG

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

I can confirm that Avast works well under Win 7. I'm using my (free with PCA beta test) Norton on my XP and Vista machines, and so bunged Avast on my Win 7. No problem!

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Cheers for that bjh have Avast on main laptop so might put Norton on that and Avast on the Win 7 machine.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Ended up going with AVG

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...