We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installation problem

tigertop2

Likes # 0

I have reformatted my XP hard drive ans have burnt the 7 installation dvd. I get about 2.6 GB downloaded and then receive the BSOD with error messages which read

Stop 0x0000005c, 0x0000001oB,0x00000003,

Now I find that even after deleting the new partition using Gparted my pc still boots into the error message on the BSOD

Anyone got any suggested fixes please?

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Problem solved by wiping the installed hard drive and reinstalling W7. Pretty drastic but it worked so there may have been some form of corruption on the disc being used. All running OK now and I am impressed with the OS so far-especially its ability to sort out drivers on its own. It set up a wireless link and installed my HP5150 printer with no problem.

I think MS have a worthy successor to XP coming up

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made