We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with multi function printer

morris948

Likes # 0

Hi
Windows 7 has loaded my Canon MPC 200 printer scanner device, but it has listed it as a device and not a printer, the drivers are recognised from the disc and it has identified it as a storage device.

Does anyone know any workarounds to make it see it as a printer, or is it just windows bugs.

Like this post
morris948

Likes # 0

When win 7 was first installed, it scanned my system and found all the devices, it found my MPC 200 printer/scanner and marked it as no driver found.
So, i installed the driver from the CDROM that came with the printer, and the drivers were found and installed, this then removed the red cross from the device list in control panel, and the device manager showed the MPC 200 without problem.
But it will not run, because it is not seen as a printer.

How do i change this?

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Not sure about the latter part. The first post, where it recognised a storage device is probably because the printer has a card slot on it.

Suggest visit manufacturer's site, download latest Vista drivers, and un-install the cd version, reinstall the latest ones.

Like this post
morris948

Likes # 0

I am one of those that believe 'if it aint broke dont fix it' and my MPC 200 has worked perfectly for the past 5 years.
So, Canon did not provide drivers for Vista, then it is very unlikely that win 7 will have drivers, i hate throwing away perfectly good stuff, just because it is incompatible.

So anyone with a MPC 200 - stick with XP until your printer breaks.

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects