We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

why do i keep being sent to google homepage??

originalmav

Likes # 0

Every time i try to go to windows update I keep being sent to google ,even if i manage to get to the security updates link ,I keep being sent to the google homepage .DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM OR ANYTHING LIKE IT
Thanks in advance for any info Cheers!!

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

try downloading updating and running malwarebytes free,run it in safe mode.hopefully you won't be blocked from doing so by the malware.click here

Like this post
Robbiecollie

Likes # 0

I had same problem on p/c and macbook pro running vista two weeks back tried every thing including fresh instal still did not get my home page back also it would not let me down load microsoft updates after reformat or run any anti virus products,how I got clear was by chance had cable broadband installed and the modem change I believe cured the problem so I would reset my modem and just see if that works

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

after reading a few search results on this malware it does seem a particulary nasty one,some people have had it come back like robbiecollie after reinstalling.you may have to reset modem as robbiecollie or others have had it infect their recovery partition aswell.post back if you still have problems and hopefully one of the more clever forum members will know your best option.

Like this post
originalmav

Likes # 0

running malwarebytes,did the trick thanks for the tip ,tried allsorts before i woke up and realized i didnt have the answer in me. short of a complete reinstalle was'nt sure what i was gonna do.
Glad i didnt have to go down that route!
once again thanks v much. U guys have saved me £££££££'s
if ever i can help someone just ask.
cheers ORIGINALMAV
ps you goys ROCK

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer