We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Have you downloaded the Release Candidate?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

If you have, how did the installation go - was it smoother than a smooth thing in a smooth shop, or did the installer start looping, and run through the process again? Several people seem to have experienced this problem.

Like this post
pa1916

Likes # 0

It also works well on my 5 year old computer.

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

I downloaded it in 3 hour but had a problem during installation. Error code 0x80070570 reported. On reburning a new dvd with lower speed using nero 7 produced another fault during installation, "load corrupt". Down loaded another fresh copy of the os and this time it worked fine. I created a new partition on my primary drive and dual boot it with vista. It took about 25 minutes to install and almost every item worked perfectly so for.

'Z'

Like this post
Hedontownee

Likes # 0

All done here
Looks interesting
Have installed several progs as well
Microsoft Office 2000 (like this one ..good for me)
Thunderbird (My fave Email client)
Winpack ...(Old ish amateur radio prog...working perfectly)
I will continue to test ...looking good so far

Like this post
djbenny

Likes # 0

i have it running on virtualbox within ubuntu and installed within 20mins with no issues :) looks good so far more playing round with it this weekend!

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

... smoother than a smooth thing in a smooth shop ...

Mine flowed like an ice-cube dipped in WD40 slipping down a soapy Teflon slide. Fast, simple, clean.

However, I've yet to try it on my "stroppy box" - that always throws some problem. That'll be more like a hot wire-wool acid-soaked sponge grinding down a sore and sunburnt spine.... and I'm not doing that until the weather is bad...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now, now, don't get carried away.

Like this post
Rob_08

Likes # 0

Installed in a little under 20 minutes with no problems whatsoever,just for fun though and i didnt keep it.

Like this post
laurie53

Likes # 0

Took 5/6 hours to download (I don't have the fastest b/b package!) and at least half a dozen attempts to install (I didn't have the beta).

Major problem seemed to be getting a ISO image onto a dvd to boot from, but I suspect this was probably not the fault of the programme.

Once I got my computer to read the dvd it went pretty smoothly.

Like this post
laurie53

Likes # 0

PS Can't get it to accept the activation code yet though.

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

Have the RC downloaded but haven't installed it yet. Will install this weekend and transfer everything over from the Beta.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features