We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TBR Protocol

newcomputeruser

Likes # 0

I have tried so many forums and ask for help everywhere with this problem! Please HELP me get this figured out!!!!! When I try to go to different sites while surfing the web I often get this error message and I can't get around it and I want to access these sites. How do I correct this problem. I am told I can't get to the site because of the TBR Protocol issue? Can anyone help? Any help is appreciated more than you know!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may help if you tell us how you connect to the internet - wired/wireless, dial-up/broadband, which ISP, if a router is used which router, what anti-virus you have and what firewall. Which browser?
Have you tried Firefox and IE?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Have you tried putting it in your search engine.
Mine gives 50000 results the first being repair TBR Protocol

Like this post
newcomputeruser

Likes # 0

I connect with a shared netgear router thru our cable company. I have a Inspiron 1501 laptop runnng Vista Home Basic 32 bit. I use Fix It for protection,cleanup, all those things. My connection is wireless. I use the firewall that came installed with my computer. (Windows) I use Windows Internet Explorer just updated. No, I haven't tried Firefox but, I will and see what happens? Any other info you may need please let me know. I have tried putting it in my search engine. I'm new with this so, I'm not sure how to decide what result to try? I am worried I'll really mess my computer up so, I wanted to ask people who know what to do before I try anything. Thank You so much for your help! Have a great day!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I am not familiar with Fix It. I don't think that it is one of the top anti-virus products but I could be wrong.

Have you tried connecting your laptop by ethernet cable to the router and seeing if you get the same problem with sites? This would let you discover whether it is a wireless problem or not.

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

Do you have the Crawler toolbar installed? If so, close all browser windows and uninstall it. click here

Fixit is one of those all-in-one system care tools. Only ever seen it installed on one machine myself, it appeared to duplicate functions Windows already provides and slowed the whole machine down...

Like this post
techieguy22

Likes # 0

<a href="click here">Protocol TBR</a> establishes a means of checking senders and recipients. It helps reduce the heavy network loads imposed on servers because of spam. The site you are trying to access might be heavily spammed, or might be deemed of being abusive in sending spam emails.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures