We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth User End Licence ?

2stroketim

Likes # 0

Hi,
I'm posting this on behalf of my neighbour as now he hasn't internet access see below:

I seem to have picked up a problem on the laptop. I think it occurred after I downloaded Google Earth which I must have removed as it no longer appears in my programs. But I now have a very frustrating and annoying message called ' Google End User Licence Agreement' which stays on the screen permanently in front of everything I do and cannot remove or delete it.
Could you post it for me please? The window comes up as soon as the laptop has powered up even before I connect to the internet. Normally you can right click on a box in the bottom bar and close it but this wont allow you to do that. Hopefully it wont be too complicated to do once we get the right process.

This is the wording of the message:

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Any ideas please ?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

My first suggestion to get rid of the message is to open Task Manager and end the task of the program showing the message. This will be on the Applications Tab.

Next I would look in the Start Up Tab and see if you can disable the program running. Open the run command (Windows Key + R Key) and type "msconfig" without the quotes, then untick anything related to the program that was running in the first step. You may prefer to use the Start Up Utility included in CCleaner which does the same thing. It also has a Registry Cleaner which might also solve the issue for you. click here

If this is a genuine Google EULA message and the above doesn`t fix it you may need to re-install and then remove the program again. If it`s not it might be malware, in which case do some scans with one or two of the free anti-malware programs.

Like this post
2stroketim

Likes # 0

Thanks, it was in start up, now disabled and all ok

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger