We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista Mail constantly opening when not required.

hralphbuk

Likes # 0

I have Vista 64 bit with Service pack 1. I use Vista Mail to see my Email's but it keeps opening when I don't want it to. Mostly when I am in the middle of other work or using Flight Simulator.
Annoying & inconvenient.
Any ideas how to stop it please?
Same thing also happenning with Incredimail.
Howard

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Look in Windows Mail and click Tools/Options - click General tab. Beside Send/Receive Messages is there a tick in the box against "Check for new messages every xx minutes"? If so uncheck the box and click Apply and OK.

There will be a similar setup in Incredimail.

Like this post
hralphbuk

Likes # 0

Hi Sea Urchin
Thank you so much for your response. You were correct. There was a tick in both Email programs as you describe. I have removed them and will carry out some work to see if that cures the problem & will revert to this thread.
I am very grateful to you.
Regards
hralphbuk

Like this post
hralphbuk

Likes # 0

Hi Sea Urchin
Unfortunately it is still opening when not required, so the problem is still there.
Thank you for your suggestion. I thought that would solve it but it did not.
Regards
Howard

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made