We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ie 7, which update

conrail

Likes # 0

just noticed my new pc with vista home premium 64 bit 250Gb HD 4Gb RAM has ie7, looking to update, ie8 is recomended but I also notice that ie9 fix is available but not ie9, is ie 9 available or do I download ie 8, click here thanks

Like this post
FatboySlim71

Likes # 0

Regarding IE8:

I tried it, but the problems I found were that parts of IE Pro wouldn't work properly with it.

Certain sites took ages to load (You could get round this by using compatibility mode) but I found it a bit of a hassle and to be honest the new features such has web slice doesn't appear to work on Ebay like the demonstration showed it to on Microsoft's site.

Overall I found it a big fuss about something that is very similar to IE7. I might update to IE8 when the new features on IE8 are working on more web sites and also when other add ons are fully compatibly. My advice is to wait until the little bugs etc are ironed out. I got the impression that IE8 was still in Beta?

Overall I find IE7 a lot better that IE8. Its easy enough to go back to IE7 if you find you don't like IE8. You simply uninstall IE8, you then have back IE7, that's exactly what I did.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

many thanks FatboySlim71, I'll just leave weel alone for the time being

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites