We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FSX will not load past start up screen

bfc19

Likes # 0

Hi, I have just re-installed Vista and FSX with all the patches due to FSX constantly crashing. Started to fly again tonight and then it just crashes as before and it will not load past the start up screen. I have a quad core 6600 processor, 4MB ram and a Nvidia 8800GTS. When it stops, my CPU shows 25% used. I have only loaded the mosquito packs, Spitfire and wings of power II WWII fighters (1.2 patch). Can anyone offer help please?
Thanks

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

my suggeation is like you did,bud did you use FSX`s own uninstaller software,use ccleaner to get rid of residue rubbish then do a complete reinstall.

Like this post
bfc19

Likes # 0

Hi Mole,
I did that last time but still no luck. However as it has all just been re-installed will try this again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Like this post
bfc19

Likes # 0

Hi Mole44
I did what you suggested and it is running fine at the moment.
Thanks again for the help.
regards, bfc19

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'