We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost media centre

colinb1604

Likes # 0

A while ago I uninstalled vista media centre as Ithought wrongly it was causing me grief. Can anyone tell me how or if I can get it back. cheers

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

How did you "uninstall it"? No such option appears in my Add/Remove Programs or Turn On/Off Windows Features lists (Vista Ultimate)....

Like this post
colinb1604

Likes # 0

Thank you brundle, I really cant recall. I remember thinking I had problems with it, and it certainly isnt there now. I wonder if I stopped it from installing when I did a reload from my OEM disc, although I dont recall having that option either.someone else is doubting the ability to uninstall also, so I dont know how I got rid of it. All the windows website says if you dont have it is to upgrade to vista premium, which of course I already have. I guess I will stay with media player.

Like this post
colinb1604

Likes # 0

I have now got it back it seems that access to the program had been changed in default programs, and putting a dot in allow access to windows media centre has put it back in the list of programs, and I now have it back in use. Thank you

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes