We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Flash Player Updates

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

My new Vista laptp is being bombarded with updates for Adobe Flash Player. I don't mind the occasional one, but how can I stop them coming daily? There doesn't seem to be an option for stopping all the update notices.

Apart from this, what does Flash Player do? I use the laptop for M/S Office and emails/internet browsing at the moment, but will probably transfer my Family History data to it eventually and also work with large folders of image files on an external HD.

Many thanks, as always.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I always keep my adobe flashplayer upto date, it good to watch online video clips and video tutorials etc.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Yes, that is what I reckoned. But I rarely have problems watching videos on eg BBC i player, so why do we need almost daily updates?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

How are you receiving these updates? If you have the latest version/s (IE and non-IE) click here you shouldn't receive updates at all.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Funnily enough I can't find Adobe Flash Player in the laptop. The only Adobe program which I have appears to be Adobe Reader 9.0.0. I am wondering if was a popup created in the new (ie 1 month old)laptop. I'll wait until it appears next time and read it properly. I may have ticked a box asking to be reminded later - sorry, can't remember! Thanks for your help.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Visit Adobe here,
click here
This will tell you what version you have running, the latest is 10.0.22.87

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Thanks for this, Mooly. I appear to have 10.0.12.36, so will update when I am asked next! Until then, it can stay as it is. If it aint broke etc.....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'