We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Interactive Services

holburn

Likes # 0

Found a tab (?) on the middle of the bottom bar of my computer lablled 'Interactive Services'. Does anyone have any idea what it is. I did google it and there were 66,000,000 results but the first two were just beyond me.

Can anyone explain in the simples of language what it's about?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

This describes what it is:

click here

People are quite often "troubled" by prompt boxes popping up all the time, and disable the service. However, if you simply have a link sitting on your taskbar it doesn't sound too much of a problem. If however, you wanted to disable it here are the instructions on how to do it:

To disable Interactive Services Dialog Detection messages in Vista, search the word “services” in your Start menu, click on Services when it comes up, and find Interactive Services Detection in the list of services. Right click it, and click Properties. Here, you can either Stop the service, or choose “Disabled” from the Startup Type menu. Either of these things will stop these messages from appearing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote