We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows mail - Two problems

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

1. WM > Tools > Options > Advanced Tab > Maintenance and put a tick in ‘Empty messages………..’.

2. WM > Create Mail > start typing the name and select from a drop down list.

3. Windows Mail auto-completion doesn't use the Contacts list (address book). Instead, it uses a separate list of the last 29 addresses you sent messages to. That list is stored in the registry and is not easy to understand or edit. Names can be partially recognized by right-clicking the identifier (a-z, etc.) then clicking Modify. They are stored in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Recently Used Addresses.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

I click Create Mail the I click TO which offers all my contacts. I click the one I want and click on TO CC or BCC and the OK.

Like this post
march

Likes # 0

shelia theres lots of info here for you

click here

dont know about stopping the repeat in brackets but if you go to

tools, options, send tab, & you uncheck 'automatically complete e-mail addresses when composing' click apply,ok

then you can manually type in the 'to box' the contact & address without it repeating,

march

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room