We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SP1 / Drivers - Do I need to upgrade?

raziel08

Likes # 0

sorry if there is already a thread with a solution to the following problem.

I installed the first sp for vista as soon as it was officailly released (not the betas) in the hopes that it would solve several problems but it only made more. The first was that media player wouldn't function because of the drivers of my graphics card (i updated them to the sp1 compatible drivers and now it all works).

based on this i was wondering if i need to upgrade the drivers for all of the hardware in my acer laptop with those that are for sp1 as there have been several problems with programs not closing down properly, games not working because the sound card wasn't functioning, several network ports not functioning etc.

Below is a link to the acer website for my laptop if it helps.

click here

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'Would i be right in thinking that it will restore the original drivers for all of the hardware which was attached to the laptop?'

Correct - so make sure you have the drivers for any new hardware you have installed and the software for programs added since you bought the lap top.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...