We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Netgear FA3111 Rev-C1 PCI -Vista Compatibility?

Bertie B

Likes # 0

I have just installed Vista Home Basic on an old Packard Bell iMedia 5067 - coming up to 6 years old - purely because XP nneeded a fresh install but the recovery discs refused to work. It's now used as a backup PC and a network hub for various shared USB External Drives.

All is now working quite well but I have an incompatibility issue with the "Network controller" which I assume is the Netgear PCI Ethernet Card I fitted about 3 years back.

If I am understanding the Netgear support site correctly then there appears to have been a version 2 of the FA311 Network Card which is compatible with the correct driver but the original version ??????? I can't get it to work.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Cheers

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Apparently uses a Realtek RTL8139 chip, have you tried this one.

click here

Like this post
Bertie B

Likes # 0

Zeppelyn

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, when I click on the link click here
I'm asked for a User Name & Password despite the fact that the site says it's a free download!

Like this post
Bertie B

Likes # 0

As could not log on to link suggested above went back to Netgear site and again cam to realise that FA311 v1 NIC cannot be made compatible wiith Vista. Purchases an FA311 v2 today and once installed it was recognised instantly. All working OK now, thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote