We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not Starting

juliesguy

Likes # 0

My wife has a new laptop running vista.
There seems to be a problem when starting up.
Pressing the power button turns all the light on as normal but the screen stays blank.
Holding the power button to turn the system off and then pressing it again usually makes it start up as it should but having to do this is not right as it should boot 1st time (obviously).
Its got a new warranty so its covered but was hoping it might be something stupid.
Has anyone got any ideas before i contact the place i purchased it and the main suppliers.
Thanks in advance guys

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

take it straight back to the retailer from whom you bought the machine - don't refer the problem to the manufacturer. Your contract was with the retailer, who is liable for any repair or replacement under consumer law.

If the machine is under six months old the law says that any fault existed at the point of sale, unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...