We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google End User Agreement

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

How can I get rid of an annoying small window headed GOOGLE END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT. This appears as soon as the Vista laptop is started up. There is no cross or obvious way to delete it and I am having to drag it down to the bottom of the screen.

It is something to do with downloading Google Earth the other day.

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

Using CCleaner's Tools/Startup page, look for "GoogleEULALauncher.exe" and disable it. Reboot.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, brundle - it worked.

The only way to get out of the ccleaner's window was to click on the cross. There didn't appear to be an exit button. Or have I missed something?

Looking at the other startup items,there are a lot which I am sure that I do not use on this new laptop. Am I right in thinking that i could experiment on disabling some (say one at a time)on a tryout basis - or could this be dangerous?

Sheila

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

Well,I meant reboot the entire PC to see if the problem was solved. Quit CCleaner in the usual way.

If you're sure about the entries in the startup list that you don't use, then you can disable them (rather than deleting them) and enable them again if unforeseen problems occur.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks for this, Brundle. I'll mark it resolved - apologies for delay in acknowedgement.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide