We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 install

pmit

Likes # 0

ok i get it to the last step were it says completing installation and it reboots asks if i want xp or windows 7 i choose windows 7 and then all i get is a black and blue screen with some colour at the top ???? I have to restart and choose xp

i have install it using virtual pc and it works just cant get it to work on full install

anybody got any help please

Like this post
scasn4

Likes # 0

i just reinstalled the whole computer it worked fine for me but i had all my stuff backed up on external hard drive.
i did not partition hard drive......
but seriously you ddont want it its the same as vista so you might aswell buy that it wwill be cheap when win7 comes out

either way im sticking with xp cos i dont like vista nor win7 :P

Like this post
pmit

Likes # 0

just watched the windows 7 install video and i dont even get to the insert pc name and loction and time settings ?

i have tried using the 32 dvd burned to dvd and mounting the dvd in deamon or others and both dont get me passed the last bit !!!

it works well and takes about 10 mins to install on the virtual pc

Like this post
pmit

Likes # 0

ok sorry i never get to the part were it asks you to insert the product key !!!

Like this post
pmit

Likes # 0

ok i can boot into windows 7 safe mode but it says windows installation need to complete first and restarts my pc and we end up back with the black and blue screen ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks