We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 uninstall

jpieter

Likes # 0

I have had a few big problems with Windows 7 so i want to uninstall Windows 7 and go back to Windows Vista !!! Does anyone know how to go do it?

Like this post
gungey

Likes # 0

As others have said, you can't uninstall it - you should only install it on a test PC or new partition.

You can always install it as a Virtual PC from within Vista or XP, allowing you to run it within your existing Windows installation. There's an article on how to do that here:

click here

Like this post
thms

Likes # 0

I'm afraid there is no way to downgrade your system without a reinstall of your original system. Try contacting the supplier of your computer and explain what you have done.

I'm sorry that you have found out the hard way about beta testing. You will not be the only one who has failed to read the installion instructions and does not understand the problems with beta testing.

Hope you get it sorted.

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

do you not understand what a beta is? it is experimental software, when the test period is finished you will not be able to use the software. you should have installed it on a old pc or as a duel boot with vista. if you want vista you will have to go to the store and buy a new disk.

Like this post
jpieter

Likes # 0

I bought the computer with Vista already on and no installation disk was included

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Did you make an image of Vista first say with Acronis or do you have a retail copy of Vista to do a clean install of Vista?

Like this post
jpieter

Likes # 0

It was as an upgrade,so it has overwritten Vista

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

As anskybers post....Did you create a seperate partition (dual boot) or is it now the only operatin system on your machine?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

How did you install it, as an overwrite or on a separate partition?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?