We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

First Impressions

crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Default desktop wallpaper in the Ultimate version is a Betta fish! (Siamese Fighter) Weird things:

The very old Dlink wireless card in the machine which would not work in Vista, works in 7 but the sound which did work in Vista won't!

Dual boot works fine, and not sure about sli yet, any ideas on a free antivirus AVG work ok?

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

1) Boots very quickly

2) Like the way you can switch open tabs by hovering he mouse.

3) IE8 painfully slow on some sites.

4) Driver support appears to better than that for Vista (work that one out!)

5) About to tackle SLI (should be fun!)

Then I will try a game.

Oh, and I'd better provide my first impressions feedback to the folks in Redmond I guess.

Like this post
pcmags

Likes # 0

I only clicked once but 2 posts came up?

Like this post
pcmags

Likes # 0

It may be like sticking my head in the sand, but I'm sticking with XP!

Like this post
pcmags

Likes # 0

It may be like sticking my head in the sand, but I'm sticking with XP!

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Yes, this is very true and it certainly keeps us on our toes. Although I am all but 59 in years I'm relatively new to PCs even though I find things very interesting.

The reason I say that is I came up the mouse route ( like many of the young now) so keyboard shortcuts are a foreign language to me. The shake would therefore be an obvious thing to a mouse man like me.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Why have 101 way's of doing the same thing? Yes, it looks nice, but novice users are faced with ever more complex methods of performing simple task's.

The likes of you and I and many here have "been around the block" I started with DOS (shows age) There is something to be said for the KISS theory really.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote