We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The default desktop wallpaper...

iambeavis

Likes # 0

Is it a deliberate visual pun/joke, or is it just a happy accident?

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Tool is useful, I like a slightly bolder font, and this allows you to tune your monitor as you prefer.

Like this post
iambeavis

Likes # 0

I've gone back to plain black with Book Antiqua fonts - it's better suited to my curmudgeonly personality.

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

Go to this hidden folder C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT. There are photographs in the Wallpaper directory for 5 countries. If you double-click on the .theme file in the Theme directory, you get a wallpaper background slide show through all the pictures for that country.

Be aware that the UK theme sets the Taskbar to blue, change it by right-clicking the Desktop > Personalize > Windows color (at the bottom) and play around with the colors and the slider.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Betta fish, commonly known as a Siamese Fighter in the Aquariam world....Nice picture, but hope it's not an omen :))

Like this post
iambeavis

Likes # 0

It's taken nine days for me to notice it, not very observant! I think I'd better go back to my normal Black desktop.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

The first, if you mean the Betta fish (yes double t)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...