We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

any one with IE 8 problems

Devil Fish

Likes # 0

ie 8 seems to have gone south on me not connecting to anything diagnostics finding no fault have run a ping test the internet connection is definitly their.

currently reverted firefox 3 will look into it tomorrow firewall first point of call, but if any one has any ideas that might cut the search down would be appreiciated.

will also inform MS of the problem on feed back

thanks in advance

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

No, fine so far.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

I reverted to firefox 3 right away but after reading your thread I think I will give IE8 a try just to see if it is stable on my system.

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

The only problem I seem to have with IE8 (apart from not liking it) is it seems sluggish loading pages. Going to install Firefox and use that.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I decided to remove the few "favourites" loaded in IE8 from the default installation.I had several instances appear of "windows will now close this program" each time I tried to delete but after restarting IE,I did eventually remove the various folders.Then Win 7 decided to object to my pendrive(where I had saved all my favourites from my other machine)and loaded drivers for an "Unknown Device" I cured this apparent lack of coherent thought from Win 7 by inserting the pendrive into a different USB port after rebooting and it picked up the pendrive effortlessly.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

i think i have narrowed the problem to one of the additional updates rolled the system back prior to the updates and ie 8 is back now in the process of instaling them one by one to see which if any is causing the problem money at the moment on the network card though i use wireless

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

reinstalled optional updates and all appears well

will see how we go

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015