We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A few things to avoid

anskyber

Likes # 0

OK, I followed the helpful guide from life hacker which is linked in other threads and part of the useful dual booting item on PCA click here and I am posting here from W7

A couple of things to look out for. Obviously the boot order need to have the CD/DVD drive listed before your hard drive or in my case my RAID array. I had to change it.

The reboots during install did not all go automatically, I had to select W7 from the two choices on the boot screen (I dual boot with Vista Home) so you may need to pay attention.

Do not do, as I did, which was to press any key on the first reboot which allowed it to boot from the DVD drive, all that did was start the whole install again, not terminal but frustrating and I now have Windows Old file to delete which were installed at my first attempt.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

An easy way to avoid that scenario is to start the install from within the existing Windows installation and disable DVD boot, thats how I installed it.

Like this post
rossgolf

Likes # 0

i installed using daemon and then when it restarted my computer it automatically went into W7

XP + W7

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September