We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista Drivers

Pyroxide

Likes # 0

I have Vista on pre-order so hopefully it'll be turning up at the beginning of Feb.

I've heard that when you install Vista it will automatically download and install all the drivers it needs from the net.

Is this true or when I do a clean install will I need to have my MB chipset and graphics card drivers etc on disk?

Like this post
Pyroxide

Likes # 0

Anyone know?

Like this post
mattyc_92

Likes # 0

The last 'Release Candidate' I used (RC1) didn't have this feature.

So if it does feature does exist, then they have either only recently applied it to the BETA testers or are 'reserving' the feature for the full release

Like this post
mattyc_92

Likes # 0

'So if it does feature does exist'

supposed to read:
'So if this feature does exist'

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and download any drivers that aren't in its database - if they exist, that is.

When the installer starts to run it will warn you that it will need to go online during the installation process, so make sure your computer is connected to the internet before you start.

Like this post
Pyroxide

Likes # 0

Just what I needed to know! That should cut down on the post-installation tasks when setting up Windows!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?