We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UAC permissions

Dinozzo

Likes # 0

Hello,

User Account Control is a great idea but at the same time very annoying because of the pop up windows asking for you to confirm every single thing you do to Windows Vista. Security is important and I appreciate and understand where Microsoft are going with Windows Vista with regards to making the Operating System safe.

Although there is one thing which really bugs me, User Administrator with Administrative rights gets all the popups and asking for permission t oopen a cirtain destination. But, if you log in as the Built-in Administrator, there are no popups and not annoying messages...? But, the options on the Built-in Administrator are limited to mine...?

IS there a way in setting permissions Group Policy Security Policys where I can allow and disallow permissions. I know the UAC can be set to don't promt me but, this just turns the AUC off which is no what I actually want to do, I just don't want this window popping up all the time asking me for permission, because it's doing my head in.

Any ideas.

Like this post
Priya21

Likes # 0

Hi Dinozzo

It is really annoying but its used for security measure as you know.

We can also disable this UAC but in future if you face any pop-up issues you need to enable it

The way disable the User Account Control is

Start --> Run --> services.msc

It will display you the list of services and from there you can disable this services

Select the "User account control" services double click on it. Change the status to "stop" and startup type to "Manuall".

Then that particular service will get stoped then you wont get any pop-up.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

The easy solution is through Control Panel. Type "UAC" into the search bar at the top of the screen.

However from my experience once your machine is set up you'll hardly see the UAC prompt.

I really don't recommend turning it off completely.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015