We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What do you think of Aero?

Vampire7639

Likes # 0

What do you think of Aero? Personally, I liked Vista before when it was screenshots of Longhorn. I liked the dark blue colour. I like aero, but I think the old design was better than glass. My computer can run Aero, but for those that can't, they get either a really ugly black interface or the old Windows Classic one.

In terms of appearance, what do you think is better - Vista or XP? I can't decide, but I know I'll be sticking with XP for a while, as I think paying for a computer with enhanced security and a glass interface (I know there's more) might seem a bit pricey at first.

What do you all think?

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

I've seen it in action and Aero is lovely to look at. There are some nice features, too, including the bundled photo management software; and I like the much simpler way of launching programs. Going back to an XP machine after playing with Vista is a bit like a return to the days of steam.

Like this post
Genius1

Likes # 0

My opinion is that Vista is the best looking OS out there. XP does not look sleek or professional when compared to Vista, but we must remember that it's not just looks that count! Seeing past the amazing new interface, it's the real enhancements in security etc. that will be important for most people.

Like this post
Frosty120

Likes # 0

It amazes me when I boot up Windows 3.1 and think that I used to think it was cutting edge, my phone does more!
Then 95 was groundbreaking! I wondered how I ever got by without a start menu!
98 never seemed that different and Me and 2000 I always thought just had nice icons!

When I first saw screen shots of XP in a magazine, I was amazed! It looked revolutionary! Bright colours, gradient fills and smooth curves. The start menu has 2 columns the task bar auto hides and the OS even sends error reports for Microsoft to fix problems so you never crash again (!).

For all the stick it gets though, XP was ground breaking, not just for NTFS and stuff but for the visual feel, and Vista has the same appeal.

I'm really excited about using a flash drive as RAM, but come on most people will buy it on the strength of its looks not what it does. I wasn't impressed with 98, me and 2000 because they looked like 95! The more revolutionary it looks, the more revolutionary people think it will be!

And I think it looks great! Even if it isn't all to my personal taste.

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I agree with Kate B, after using Aero for a while, going back to XP is not the same.

I prefer the Vista interface to XP, but this has been the same since version 2 (yes I've used Windows that Long!) with windows 3 blowing away v2 in looks and other areas.

Will I upgrade upon release?, no I'll stick with RC2 until that expires then get either premium or Ultimate.

Like this post
Dinozzo

Likes # 0

A vast improvement for the next generation of generations to come. The finest example of the future has arived in the name of Vista. Smooth, Sleek and relaxing to use compared with the Fisher Price look of Windows XP, there is no comparission.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK