We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where to buy vista

websurfowen

Likes # 0

Where can I buy the business version of Windows Vista today online?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Business Vista is only avaialble to corporate customers who hold an enterprise licence or software assurance deal with Microsoft.

The rest of the world will have to wait for the official launch at the end of January 2007. You can pre-order from any number of online resellers now.

click here for one of them.

Like this post
facepaint

Likes # 0

click here

Interesting that it has already received a 4.5 stars out of 5 after 3 customer reviews.
I wonder who the 3 mystery buyers are?

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

I thought Vista was launched in late November. Is it just available in America or with new computers?

It appears strange that you can not buy it till February 2007. Is it not finished?

Anyone know what is going on.

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

BSOD, I suggest you read the FE's post again.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

" BSOD, I suggest you read the FE's post again."

I have.

So what was the offical launch that happened on the 30th of November 2006 click here

If you read my post, it was launched at the end of September, yet you can not buy it till Feb 2007, from facepaint's link. The Forum Editor says " the official launch at the end of January 2007. "

So I ask again

" Is it not finished? "

Is there something different from the November launch to the February launch? Is anyone using the retail version of vista in the world?

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

" Business Vista is only avaialble to corporate customers who hold an enterprise licence or software assurance deal with Microsoft."

So is the final version being used by corporate customers now or do they have to wait for the late January - early February release?

Like this post
websurfowen

Likes # 0

So I cannot buy this vista untill early next year. Disappointed now as I thought I could have bought a business version even though it would cost more

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Yes it is released to Corporate customers and it is finished and called the RTM version. (Released to Manufacture)

MS are staging the release so the rather low key launch in November was not aimed or directed at the general public.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

Thank you for your clear and concise answer.

That is exactley what I was trying to find out.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I gave a clear and concise answer in my earlier post, as Kate B pointed out.

I said "The rest of the world will have to wait for the official launch at the end of January 2007. You can pre-order from any number of online resellers now."

I could hardly have made it plainer than that, could I?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad