We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Price

chrisbather

Likes # 0

Just been searching all over the net and within this forum and cant find the price on Vista. I understand it wont be released until January but surely there is a ballpark figure for its cost??

(sorry if its already been posted but i couldnt find it)

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

Like this post
dawnstaples

Likes # 0

A lot of people are concerned with the cost of the various Vista flavours WHY.
You should be more conerned with the total costs involved.
I thought that My computer met and even exceeded the Vista requirements (hardware) which it did easily YIPPEE so I installed the upgrade advisor and found that the majoirty of the software that I use is either not compatible with Vista or has known issuses with it... BAH HUMBUG..
the cost of replaceing / updating them all is frightening So I for one will not be Updating as a early adopter untill XP just does not do it any more which is a shame as Vista really has a lot going for it.
A lot of my software IS NOT old either ie Photoshop elements 4 are / will manufacters release free patchs???

Like this post
chrisbather

Likes # 0

Ouch....

I do want Vista but not if its going to cost that much. I have just spent £600 at dabs buying new pc bits for my new pc at christmas. No way i can afford that now. Looks like i'm sticking with XP for a few more yrs yet.

Like this post
1260 pete

Likes # 0

I have just ordered a new pc from Dell, don't know what they are like but it says that it has windows media and will also have a free upgrade to vistas with only the cost of carriage to pay, but i'm sure there will be a catch somewhere...

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

No catch, it's a marketing exercise: Dell wants you to buy a PC and people are generally reluctant to buy a computer when a new operating system is imminent because they don't want either to be stuck with the old OS or because they don't want the additional cost of upgrading the OS for a new machine. So Dell - and other manufacturers - are offering free upgrades in order to get people to buy over the crucial Christmas season.

dawnstaples, doubtless recent(ish) versions of software will be patched if necessary for Vista, though I wouldn't hold your breath on old versions of software. Why don't you email Adobe support rather than frothing at the mouth here?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers