We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Premium Vista

crosstrainer

Likes # 0

With the forthcoming release of the new os, it seems to me that the premium edition is going to be right for most users... I have three machines, two fast sli self-builds, and an Acer laptop which claims to be Vista Premium ready. I will not be taking up acers offer of a fastrack upgrade on the laptop, as It is my workhorse and having had a goo look around for drivers etc, a lot of these are still in beta so I guess I will buy one copy of premium and stick it on my 2nd sli machine. Only when Microsoft have ironed out all the bugs and all drivers are available will I consider upgrading the other 2 machines I missed out on the beta programme so would value anyones views on the new os.

Like this post
Jake_027

Likes # 0

Apparantly you get a disc sent out when you register for an upgrade so if you get the disc it saves you having to pay for an extra copy of vista, after all you don't have to install it straight away I don't think

Jake

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I second that advice. Take the free upgrade and install it when you are ready.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Good Idea... should save a few quid thanks a lot!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...