We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will my zonealarm 6.5 work on vista??

dave726587

Likes # 0

Recently bought zonealrm security suite 6.5 for my xp and it has 1 year subcription. I think i may have made a huge mistake. I tried installing this on vista rc1 and it says it is incompatible.

IS THERE GOING TO BE A PATCH RELEASED????

:-(

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have no idea whether ZoneAlarm intends to release a patch. You're using a beta copy of Vista remember, it's not the final version. When that launches next year you may well find that ZoneAlarm 6.5 will work Alternatively you may require an update from ZoneAlarm, but that's a matter for them to address. I'm sure they will, otherwise they'll lose out in a big way.

Like this post
paperman27

Likes # 0

zone alarm does NOT work with the Evaluation edition of Vista, well not on mine anyway, it flashed up a message saying that Zone alarm did not support This version of windows, it was for windows 2000 + winXP.

in time there may be a version of ZA and which will work but i think until a time when the Vista is released as a final version that Zonelabs wont be putting the effort into doing a Vista version.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Have a look here as well. You will need to choose your build version. click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback