We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC World Vista Upgrade Offer

superhoops

Likes # 0

I read in Computeractive a short while ago that PC World are offering a free upgrade to Vista for all machine purchased over £399. I bought a pc a few days after the offer started but was not offered a voucher. I havent had the chance to return to the store yet to ask about it and wondered if anyone knew the procedure they are using?

Like this post
superhoops

Likes # 0

Dont believe it. Mine has come this morning!!! Got to go and get it later as had it delivered to another address. Just hope it instals ok, please......

Like this post
frostyuk

Likes # 0

Not very happy with the standard of service moduslink are offering got an email saying that my copy was shipped on the 22 march 2007 and if i have not recieved by the 1st of may to email them.

Which i did i got an email back confirming details which i updated as i had moved (after the 1st of may) that was on the 8th of may as i had no email back with any updated i thought i would phone.

after speaking to their custormer service team they had no record of my dvd being sent or the fact the email had been sent i now have to wait for them to reply to my email before they can do anything what or were can i go from here

Like this post
astradyne

Likes # 0

I purchased a Philips X56 laptop (£699) an HP m7670.uk PC (£1300) and a Canon MP600 (£200) from PC World at the beginning of December and wasn't told about the Vista upgrade by any of the sales people I spoke to.

Since reading this thread I've been in touch with PC World support whose response is "sorry, you should have registered on the "Modus Link" site before the cut off date and don't seem to think they (PC World) are at fault for not informing me of the upgrade in the first place.

I'm now in the situation where having spent just under £2,300 in their store I now have to shell out extra money for copies of Vista that I was entitled to as part of my purchase.

Unbelievable, or maybe not!

Like this post
superhoops

Likes # 0

I understand your frustration but for me I wish I hadnt bothered and had just kept the machine as XP. Never had so many problems since upgrading to Vista.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote