We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

vista keyboard

mr gee

Likes # 0

Just been into pcworld and they have a keyboard and mouse set for sale marked ready for vista "oh good " i thought I am using vista I will get that set.--mistake-- when i got it home it wouldnt even let me install the software saying that my computer needed XP with Sp2 or windows 2000 sp4 so that new keyboard and mouse were no good took it back and got my cash back (phew) oh the maker of this Keyboard you guessed it ----Microsoft!!!!

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

So what OS are you using? If you're using XP you should definitely have SP2. And Microsoft doesn't support any of its operating systems older than XP or 2000, so it's not going to supply drivers for a keyboard for an older OS.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

Kate B

he is using vista if you read the post

strange one i have never had to install software for any keyboard did you try it without installing the software on vista as you may well have found it had the relevant controllers pre-installed with the O/S

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

*slaps self*

*makes note to read posts properly*

Apologies, mr gee!

Presumably the generic drivers with the OS should work with the keyboard?

Like this post
Scouter

Likes # 0

Depends on the keyboard, I have two MS wireless desktop set and a Logotec desktop set (keyboards/mouse) all three have software to make use of the advanced features of the keyboard.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

for a keyboard or mouse in my life. Vista will certainly recognise any Microsoft keyboard or mouse straight away, and they'll work perfectly.

It's true that special features may need specific driver software, but that will be sorted out when Vista launches officially - in the meantime you can still use the hardware with the generic drivers included with Vista beta RC1 and RC2.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback