We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Golf Simulation PC game for Windows 8

Guardsman2

Likes # 0

For many years I have enjoyed playing Microsoft Links LS2000. Have loaded it successfully on ME, XP and lastly on Vista. Sadly I cannot get it to run on my new Windows 8...it loads OK but when I click on the shortcut start, the screen blacks out and freezes.

Is there any way I can get it to run on my system or can anyone recommend a good golf sim...Tigers Woods, LS2000 type that I can load and run. Incidentally...I am in the lower 80's...fairly OK with my PC but please, no deep technical help, virtual systems etc. If anyone can help, I will be extremely grateful.

Like this post
aristorias

Likes # 0

Although I have not yet played this myself, you could try Par 72 golf available in the windows 8 store for £3.49. At this price it seems to be worth a try. Graphics are simplified compared to Links but the essentials are there.

Like this post
Guardsman2

Likes # 0

Thanks Aristorias...have tried it, there is a cut down free version too, but it is very simplistic and very 'gamey'...almost in the 'Mario' style. I am looking for a real Golf Sim. and do not mind paying the price for such. Appreciate the response...all the best...Guardsman2

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

How about an online game? Found thisbut haven't played it.

This link you can click on lessons to see video tutorials just to see if it's good enough.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

If thats no good i would suggest you try the latest Tiger Woods golf game Tiger woods pga golf 2007,thats the last proper version ea sports did for the pc It works on windows 7 64bit and you will probably find it to buy somewhere for £5,might be worth a go?

Like this post
Guardsman2

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13 Thanks for reply but not into online gaming...have cracked it...see reply to mart7. All the best...Guardsman2

Like this post
Guardsman2

Likes # 0

Hi mart7

Brilliant...bought a copy off eBay for just a few £'s...all loaded and running perfectly...now all I have to do is to learn how to play the game. Many thanks and all the best...Guardsman2

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

enjoy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer