We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Refresh. Samsung programs deleted???

gregpage92

Likes # 0

I bought a new laptop a month ago and its been pretty slow. This morning i refreshed it thinking that it would just remove the programs that i have installed eg.chrome, AVG, Adobe. however having looked at the 'applications removed whilst refreshing your computer' message a lot more than i had expected to have gone. Including all of the samsung programs that were installed on the computer when i bought it such as settings, help desk, and the following things that i dont know anything about

Allshare Play Link Samsung 1.0.0 AllSharePlayLink
CyberLink Power2Go 8 CyberLink Corp. 8.0.0.1912 CyberLink PowerDVD 10 CyberLink Corp. 10.0.4421.02 Easy File Share 4 E-POPIntel AppUp(SM) center Intel 3.6.1.33070.11 Intel(R) Control Center Intel Corporation 1.2.1.1008 Intel(R) Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent Intel Corporation 1.0.0.36354 Intel(R) Management Engine Components Intel Corporation 8.1.0.1252 Intel(R) Processor Graphics Intel Corporation 9.17.10.2857 Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Intel Corporation 11.5.0.1207 Intel(R) SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package Intel Corporation 2.0.0.37149 Recovery Samsung Electronics CO., LTD. 6.0.9.2 S Service Samsung Electronics CO., LTD. 1.0 Settings Samsung Electronics CO., LTD. 2.0.0

Support Center Samsung Electronics CO., LTD. 2.1.40 Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Synaptics Incorporated 16.2.11.3 User Guide Samsung Electronics CO., LTD. 1.2.00 Visual Studio 2010 x64 Redistributables AVG Technologies 13.0.0.1 Windows Driver Package - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (RadioHIDMini) HIDClass (07/27/2012 20.57.1.735) Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. 07/27/2012 20.57.1.735 Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 16.4.3503.0728 Xerox PhotoCafe

is this likely to affect the running of my computer?? Should i try an reinstall anything? I know very little about computers, so any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Like this post
tech-ultrasonic

Likes # 0

How is the performance of your laptop now? Has it gained speed or is it still slow? If you do not want to use those softwares, and uninstalling them has increased the speed then I think you're better off without them.

Like this post
gregpage92

Likes # 0

it seems to be running a bit more smoothly. Does it matter that the intel processor and things like that are gone? also the hidden icons arrow in the bottom right hand corner used to contain quite a few things, that i always imagined to be important to the computer. not sure if that matters? Basically if none of the samsung electronics programs being missing will effect my everyday enjoyment of the computer, im happy to continue without them, i was just concerned because they sounded important - especially settings?! thanks.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

goto samsung support uk enter your model number and you should be able to download most of the software http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

off topic a little does yur samsung make two short bleeps on starting and opening media player

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features