We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Preparing to configure Windows (8) Do not turn off your computer

romaneagle

Likes # 0

Stuck on this opening page - can anyone please help me!

It loaded up o.k. but when I tried to update eight of the drivers (shown by a scan to be old, I got this message and it runs for hours!

Thanks in anticipation!

Romaneagle

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What did you use to scan for drivers?

Like this post
alanmiller

Likes # 0

Few Days back I faced the drivers problem in my computer and I browsed up www.serveshield.com and i got the chat support with their tech Engineers and they soon identified my problem and fixed the issues. I Really Appreciate their services Better contact on this website www.serveshield.com

Like this post
alanmiller

Likes # 0

Few Days back I faced the drivers problem in my computer and I browsed up www.serveshield.com and i got the chat support with their tech Engineers and they soon identified my problem and fixed the issues. I Really Appreciate their services Better contact on this website www.serveshield.com

Like this post
romaneagle

Likes # 0

Thanks for your responses: RDave - I used the Ashampoo program. alanmiller - I will try the serveshield site!

Thanks again, guys!

Romaneagle

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Although I like Ashampoo's programs I would never use these automatic driver updater software, not even Ashampoo's. They can and do create problems. I assume you've had to switch the machine off by now. Have you tried rebooting?

Like this post
romaneagle

Likes # 0

Yes - Rdave 13- I have tried re-booting several times - it is still only reaching this page!

Thanks!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You could try starting in safe mode then restore or trouble shoot. I've not been able to do it yet but you need to let the bios load then press and hold shift and keep tapping F8. Keep trying see if you can get in. scroll down a bit here.

Do you have the DVD? Method 4 here.

If not did you create a System Repair Disk? If not can you get someone to create one? Here's how.

See if you can get to system restore. Refreshing the system will allow you to keep only your personal documents, any other installed programs will be lost.

Like this post
romaneagle

Likes # 0

Many thanks,Rdave13, for your valued assistance and for all the time you have spent on my problem - it is greatly appreciated,and offers me hope to resolve it.

I am working through your advice at the moment, which could take some time, therefore I wanted to express my gratitude to you for your advice.

I'll let you (and others who are viewing this post) know how I get on. If it works, I am glad I raised the problem, because it will, undoubtably, help others, and this is what the Form is about.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Romaneagle

Like this post
romaneagle

Likes # 0

Holding down the Shift key and tapping the F8 key definitely works - it is hit and missy - but I have managed to access W8 Recovery Mode twice up to now - but my advice is to PERSEVERE! The first time I tried to access Safe mode, but possibly due to my problems (drivers) it didn't work for me, so I switched off. The second time I tried System Restore (point)- it asked for my password, which I gave, but it rejected it(I had changed the password for W8, so tried the previous one, which it rejected also, I think it needed the Administrator's p/word. I gave it further thought after switching off again, and currently I am trying to access Recovery mode. I have an idea that I want to try. So that is the current situation. The Shift key + F8 key really works, not every time, but as I said persevere. Hoping that this is helpful to followers of this Forum topic.

I will keep you posted with my progress.

Like this post
romaneagle

Likes # 0

Holding down the Shift key and tapping the F8 key definitely works - it is hit and missy - but I have managed to access W8 Recovery Mode twice up to now - but my advice is to PERSEVERE! The first time I tried to access Safe mode, but possibly due to my problems (drivers) it didn't work for me, so I switched off. The second time I tried System Restore (point)- it asked for my password, which I gave, but it rejected it(I had changed the password for W8, so tried the previous one, which it rejected also, I think it needed the Administrator's p/word. I gave it further thought after switching off again, and currently I am trying to access Recovery mode. I have an idea that I want to try. So that is the current situation. The Shift key + F8 key really works, not every time, but as I said persevere. Hoping that this is helpful to followers of this Forum topic.

I will keep you posted with my progress.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer