We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Saving email pictures viewed in Mail

chub_tor
Resolved

Likes # 0

When I receive pictures attached in an email with Live Mail I can save the pictures by right clicking the picture and use Save As. If I use the Mail App in Windows 8 I can see the attachments but right clicking does not bring up a menu that includes Save, or Save As, instead I get Sync, Pin to Start and Move and Mark as unread. Double Clicking the pics does nothing.

Does anyone know of a way to save email pictures from the Mail App?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You can't do anything with a photo that's embedded in the email. Just save the email and use the client on the desktop to copy. If it's an attachment then click the 'download' link, once downloaded right click the thumbnail and select 'save'. The app screen opens where you can select where to save. I usually select desktop.

Like this post  
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, I have been slowly figuring it out. There does seem to be a difference with some of my emails and as you say some of them seem to have embedded pictures (the ones I cannot right click and save) and some where the pictures are attachments that I can right click and save. However whichever type they are I can always save them in Windows Live Mail, so pretty though Win 8 Mail is I will probably use Live Mail as my major email source.

Much as I like the speed of Windows 8 I am unsure about parts of the interface so I am trialling Start8 Click Here to see if it can provide me with some of the GUI that I am more familiar with.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

chub_tor, with respect, I wouldn't go down that road. It will upset the OS in my humble opinion. The mail app is handy if you need to be away from the PC and leaving it on the start page, the live app shows new emails. So in passing you can glance at the monitor just to check. I use WLM on the desktop to do whatever I need to do with new emails also.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings