We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Metro Tiles not working

User8662
Resolved

Likes # 0

I bought a new Acer laptop with Windows 8. Everything is good except that the Metro Tiles do not work. Some of them do but most of them just come up blank and then go back to start screen. Has anyone else had this problem. I can't get email, pictures, etc.

Like this post
User8662

Likes # 0

Thank you Dr Yes but that's not exactly what the problem is. I have displays on my tiles but when I click on them nothing happens. Some of them work but just a couple. The rest just flip back to home screen. Seems like they need to be activated or something but I can't find anywhere that tells me that.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sounds as if you have a standard account. Create a new one using your Hotmail or Live account for name and password.

Like this post  
User8662

Likes # 0

Thank you rdave13 and dryes for your help. I followed the links you sent and got everything looked after. I had to add a new user and change to Local setting. Everything works fine if I use the new user. Thank you so much. I have been working on this for days. Should have come to the forums right away.

Like this post
fredsboy

Likes # 0

I had this problem and I discovered that it was the firewall. Try disabling your firewall briefly, and then try the tiles again. If they are now working, go into the AV settings and check whether the Apps are being listed as untrusted. If they are, then give them a higher trust rating and it may resolve the problem. It certainly worked with Kaspersky.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features