We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

usb 2 problem

estuary
Resolved

Likes # 0

Since installing win 8 upgrade from win 7 I have one usb 2 socket in the front panel which does not work. In device manager it comes up as an unknown device and windows cannot find the driver. I have tried to put in the original driver from the chipset dvd but that did not work.. All other 5 usb sockets work ok although the 2 usb 3 ones don't seem as fast. It would have to be the one at the front that's faulty as now it means grovelling around at the back of the case. The motherboard is Asus P8H77-M PRO . I have looked at the Asus and Intel sites and can't find the solution. Any ideas please.

Like this post
pk46

Likes # 0

rdave13 I did not upgrade this was a clean install even the HD was new, interesting comment but as i said i can not see this OS of any use to business,but perhaps thats because i am getting on in years.

Like this post
estuary

Likes # 0

Well ,I have tried a clean install of win 8 but with no success, usb driver still not recognised and now even windows mail started to freeze on occasions. So with regret I have reinstalled win 7 aand will wait a couple of months and try again.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If all your other USB ports worked including any other USB 2 port then it might just be a faulty front USB connection. You could try unplugging it from the motherboard and,if you have one,plugging it into another motherboard USB header or just plugging it back in to where you remove it and seeing if that helps.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry did not read your last post correctly and I see you have reinstalled Windows 7 where I assume the USB works fine.

Like this post  
thutu1

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame