We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acessing Mindjolt and Zylom Games

SouthendMike

Likes # 0

My wife bought a Compaq Laptop the other day (to replace a 3-year-old Laptop that was "playing up") and it has Windows 8 pre-installed. Everything started up fine, but when she tried to access games on Mindjolt and Zylom, both of the sites flashed up that an updated Flash Player version was needed. The current version on the laptop has "397" in the version number, whereas the version needed has "402" in the number. Fine I thought, go into Adobe and download the latest version. Adobe site tells me that the updated version has to be accessed via the Windows update system. Therein lies the problem. It "appears" that the Update system does not recognise the compatibility of the new Flash Player version. What the blue blazes is going on here? My wife is getting more and more frustrated (no smutty jokes please!) that she can no longer play her favourite online games. Can any Computer "gurus" out there let me know how my wife can access her Mindjolt and Zylom Games before World War III erupts in our household?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It seems Microsoft is dragging its feet but I believe if you use FireFox you will be able to update the flash player. So this will be a work around until such times as Microsoft update IE 10.

Like this post
SouthendMike

Likes # 0

Thanks, Chronos - I use Firefox on my W7 OS Desktop, and I find it far more user-friendly than IE.

I'll follow your suggestion and see what happens!

Regards.

Like this post
SouthendMike

Likes # 0

Chronos - your belief in Firefox is well justified!

Loaded Firefox - accessed Adobe - downloaded latest Flash Player updates - logged onto the Games websites - HEY PRESTO - everything works as it should do!!!

My wife is now a "happy bunny" and tranquility has been reinstalled in the house.

My grateful thanks.

SouthendMike

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Good to hear that peace and tranquility has been restored.

Like this post
SouthendMike

Likes # 0

As an added thought - just why are Microsoft "dragging their feet" over this issue? After all, there are enough posts on different websites from people complaining about Microsoft and their having released W8 with this (and other) unresolved issues.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes