We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Just a rare compliment - to Microsoft (yes, I'm ducking from the fire!)

AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Just had to post that I'm actually grateful to MicroSoft, in spite of all the moans and groans usually associated with Microsoft

My pc just crashed on me! Not unusual and, yes, I need to do something about that, but I had been busy in Publisher for a couple of hours but not got around to saving the file at all. Fortunately, I work from a second HHD, with Win and other programs on the main HDD, so I at least feel I won't loose everything

However, the pc took a bit of persuasion and a short rest before it would fire up again (one day it maybe won't even fire up :( ) so I was resigned to the fact I would have lost all this afternoon's work

Low and behold, Publisher opened the 'Recovered' document! Yippee! I have now saved it, and backed it up!!!

But, I just felt that, in spite of all the moans and groans re Microsoft, they do have some better features, eh?

Cheers

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That facility, which works in all the MS Office apps, has saved many people a lot of heartache.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

...but the default time between saves can be a bit long (10 minutes), so go into preferences and reduce it if required. Mine, I have reset to every 1 minute, and I still don't notice it happening.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes