We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

why does my belkin Surgecube stop my PC from booting

Bruz

Likes # 0

After loosing half of my motherboard through a spike caused by a power cut. I purchased a Belkin surge cube surge protector, when I plug my PC into the surge protector it hangs on the windows 7 splash screen. In safe mode it loads all the windows files and then it hangs. After I removed the surge protector my pc took an age to boot. Hours later it was booting fine. Any one with any ideas? Cheers BruzSurge protector

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You might have a faulty one.

I had a look on Amazon reviews and if you click on the 1 star ratings and read those you will see that there have been a few 'failures to work'

Like this post
Bruz

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic for your reply. I have now found another user with the same problem as I have. They told him it must be incompatibility with his PSU. I think that must be right as after unplugging the cube the PC took an age to boot up. After two or three boot ups it started to work correctly. I plugged the cube into a wall socket and plugged a socket tester into it and it appears to be ok, both the cube lights were on and all three of the socket testers lights were on. After reading some of the reviews and some of the outcomes I will go without a surge protector. Thanks again for your response. Cheers Bruz

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features