We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trying to link new Epson printer by WiFi to laptop

Redlegs

Likes # 0

Hi there -- Redlegs here from Adelaide , Sth Aust. Have had to replace my HP printer ( been given last rites after 5 years )with recommended Epson printer. HP was WiFi connected to laptop which is in another room from the PC and printer and had been working perfectly.I have brought the laptop into the room with the PC and printer. First problem arose as I was told " incorrect " password. Router is a DI- 524 ( no longer supported on D- Link's web page as 5 yrs old ) After several attempts and " hissy fits " , I was able to poke around in a help web page and I think I found the password , tho it was listed as the " Preshare Key ".Have been using the Epson Installation disc and things seem to go along smoothly , then it always bombs out --" Not connected " message appears, I print out a Status Report -- it's fairly long and a little hard to interpret , but it does say the password " does not match the one set for your router/access point" .I did have some probs when I first linked my previous printer to the laptop , some years ago , but can't recall the many steps I went through back then. Have got W7 , Epson printer model is WF 3520, laptop is a Toshiba. Any ideas ?? --- they will all be greatly received. Cheers , Neville D ( aka Redlegs )

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I have just installed a similar printer for a friend and came across exactly the same sort of problem. In the end I went into the router and changed the password then used the new password when asked for using the install wifi printer wizard You will need to access the log-in admin pages of your router - the IP address could possibly be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. or something similar. You should type this into the address bar at the top of the browser (not into the Google box) and this should lead you to a log-in screen. If you have not changed the password then the default is usually: password and username: admin.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Just as an afterthought, I changed the password because it contained dashes that I could not key in when I had to enter the details via the led screen of the printer itself. I had been receiving messages the same as yours on the print out of the status report.

Like this post
Redlegs

Likes # 0

Hi there difarn -- hey thanks for your response -- 8 minutes after I posted my question !!! was going to respond to you straight away , but my wife comes in and tells me to " get to bed " !! -- and I always do as I am told !! -- it was 2.30 in the morning. I have used the IP address of 192.168.0.1. and this is how I came upon the password as listed as part of the Wireless settings. But this password did not work when I confidently used it later.Getting the " nods " so had better get to bed and try again tomorrow. Redlegs

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features