We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

space

moodypants

Likes # 0

how to dp I clear up local disk space

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Do you mean your C: drive is nearly full?

Like this post
moodypants

Likes # 0

yes my c; drive my hard drive has loads of space but cant delete of my local disk

Like this post
moodypants

Likes # 0

sorry my hard drive is full I have loads of space on my local disk but not sure how to delete from the hard drive to freee it from space

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That does not answer my question.

How big is your C: Local Disk drive in GB's?

How much spare space has it got left?

Is the harddrive in your pc (or is it a laptop?) partitioned? If so what are the partitions (D: E: ?) and how many GB's is each partition?

Is your data (My Documents) folder on the C: local disk

Do you have any other separate internal harddrives? (inside the pc tower)

What is the make and model of your pc/laptop?

Are you getting any messages pop up, if so what do they say?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Note: you need to refer to harddrives or partitions with their letter, C: D: E: F: etc it is no good just calling them 'local disk' as that just means the drive does not have it's own name.

Like this post
moodypants

Likes # 0

local disk space (D:) free 164gb os(c:) hard drive 36.0 free space from 60gb I have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop my documents is on the c: drive I don't have any pop ups coming up on the laptop

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You seem to have plenty of space left if you still have 36GB spare from 60GB on C: however if D: is empty and not used -

You could move your My Documents folder permanently to D: if you wanted to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Redirect-a-folder-to-a-new-location

and also http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/17917-change-location-my-documents.html

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features