We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton program problems

night

Likes # 0

Having used Norton for sometime, I switched on my computer and after a short time the dreded blue screen came up, I restarted the computer and the same happened again,I have tried to contact Norton but it looks as though they have a problem as can't contact them at all, I have tried removing the complete program and reinstalling it but the same happens and have had to remove Norton altogether, has anyone had the same problem ? and if so what is the answer to it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe you should have put this in the Helproom as it is not a W/7 problem and you would have got a better response.

Maybe use the norton removal tool that you can download from the internet and remove Norton completely.Then reinstall it again and if the same thing happens maybe use something else instead of Norton.

I would green tick this and put it in the helproom.

Norton Removal Tool

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Thanks to Jock1 and Xania, your remarks duly noted, however I have tried to contact Norton by phone and chat and no reply as they are inundated with calls so ther must be a problem with ther Norton update, and unfortunatly I have had to remove Norton completely as my computer comes up with the blue screen before one can even chat so it lookls as though they have a serious problem, and one can't email them so they have lost a paid up reguler user.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Firstly how do you know that Norton is the issue? Did you research the code ( Fault line) on the BSOD?

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Firstly how do you know that Norton is the issue? Did you research the code ( Fault line) on the BSOD?

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Your reply jamieamunra, I have phoned Norton and they also tried to open the Norton program and they had the same problem and they are at last looking into it and are getting touch again on the 19th to try to correct the problem so we wait and see but thanks for your query

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Problem with Norton has been solved by Norton after nearly an hour and a half, it appears it was Windows which was causing the fault and took sometime to rectify, but thanks to a Norton agent all solved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features