We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trying to Fix C Drive Corruption issuses! (its in a never ending loop to fix it)

alexeemeepo@hotmail.com

Likes # 0

I want to shrink my C drive. The volume shrink in disk management. It says that it is corrupt run chkdsk (something like that) SO I run the error checking and restart. Then it says error can fix error (some long thing with a billion numbers. Then it says run system recovery from control panel to back date the c drive to a before hand restore. So I go through that but right at then end the last button to push it says error on c drive first run error checking. I already ran that SOOOOOO now my computer is basically stuck in this endless process of fixing the c drive but with out any luck. PLEASE HELP ME!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you tried running sfc /scannow in command prompt.System repair in Safe mode.Or system restore to a date before you got the problems.

chkdsk, did yo go to my computer,right click c drive and choose properties. Then tools and then check.Both boxes must be ticked.

If you tried that with chkdsk and it still never fixed it maybe it is a new hard drive that you need.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Hey Alex, do you have backups of your files? If so you might want to wipe the disk clean then do a fresh install of Windows 7 but this time make sure you partition the drive during windows installation then restore your files after. Why did you want to shrink your C drive? why not just install a second drive?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

You don't say which OS you are using, but you may need to do a 'Repair'.

The way to do this for XP.

The way to do this for W7.

This process shouldn't cause the loss of any data but a backup is always wise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer