We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 7 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer wont autorun camera - i get the blame

Gh0stt

Likes # 0

Basically what has happened, I am using my aunties computer for a week or so while I am staying here and I am being blamed for various things that have been going wrong with the computer.

One of which is: When the camera is plugged in via USB it is not coming up like a normal USB (the 'AutoPlay' dialogue box). My auntie uses the 'import pictures' button to make a new folder for the new photos (she has 100's of folders)

PS. You can find the device under 'my computer' and just open/move the pictures with that but 'I shouldnt have to do that!' < Auntie.. So to help me not get on the bad list, can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If it is the Autoplay menu you want to pop up: With the camera connected and switched on, in Windows Explorer, rightclick and choose Properties, Autoplay tab. and put dot in 'Prompt me each time to choose an action' Click on Apply, OK. (or try each one with your auntie watching until you have it back to how she wants it)

If the pc is only seeing it as a usb mass storage device and you want the Scanners & Camera Wizard to popup: With the camera connected and switched on - Look at/Check the settings in Control Panel. Scanners and Cameras. You may have to click on 'Add Device'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination